Council on Teacher Education

Current Candidates Cooperating Personnel (CP) & Supervisors Program Staff Professional Development (PDH) Quick Links

Licensure FAQ

Licensure FAQ

Questions About Endorsements


Q:  When do I apply for endorsements?

A:  You can apply for endorsements at the time you apply for your license if you think you will complete the endorsement requirements prior to entitlement.


Q:  Can I add endorsements to my teaching license after I am licensed?

A:  Yes.  Provided you qualify, you may add endorsements anytime during your teaching career.  You will apply for endorsements via your ELIS account.


Q:  Can I use coursework from a community college toward endorsements?

A:  Assuming the coursework applies, yes.