As a cooperating professional, you may be eligible to claim professional development hours (PDHs) in recognition of your work. There are some stipulations:
- For early field experience (EFE) placements, PDHs range from 2 - 15 hours, depending on the number of hours the candidate works with your during the semester. EFE cooperating professionals will find the number of PDHs assigned to their placement displayed in the PDH section of the portal.
- For supervision of final semester student teachers or school service personnel interns, 30 PDHs are available.
- For mentoring principal or superintendent candidates, administrators are eligible for 30 PDHs per intern (not per semester).
Cooperating professionals submit an experience narrative to begin the documentation process. The steps on the left will guide you through this process.
- For Fall placements, narrative forms are due between October 15th and February 15th.
- For Spring placements, narrative forms are due between February 16th and June 15th.
If you have technical questions, please contact CoTE: email@example.com.
Please note, these directions apply to educators applying for professional development hours for serving as a cooperating mentor to a teacher candidate, not for attending a PDH training event.
If you are interested in PDH for attending a University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign sponsored training event, please click here and search for "PDH."