University of Illinois Grade Point Average Requirements
The Council on Teacher Education (CoTE) Executive Committee has set a minimum GPA of 2.5 for the following assessment areas:
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign;
- content; and
- professional education coursework.
The following programs have higher GPA requirements that must be met:
- Music: 2.75 in content and a 3.0 in professional education coursework;
- P.E.: 3.0 in professional education;
- Visual arts: 3.0 in content and professional education coursework;
- Graduate licensure programs have a University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign GPA requirement of 3.0.
Click here to be redirected to the policy addressing Guidelines for Monitoring CAP GPA for Teacher Licensure Candidates.